Posted By Jared Barboza, 28, May, 2015, in fragcast
FragCast is a weekly podcast where the founders of Frag Castle Games talk about the latest progress on their games, the video game industry, pop culture and the ups and downs of running a super-small, lean startup.
In This Episode
Jared and John talk about
This week we’re all about making your debugging life easier, dealing with gravity and video game performance.
- We’re making progress and feeling pretty good!
- Jared gave Rock the ability to slide under enemy fire. Got some good feedback about it on Twitter.
- John’s working on a level where Rock is falling from a building. We’re “simulating” him falling by making everything else look like their moving around him. Now we have to customize everything to complete the illusion.
- Jared has added a ton of features to the debug view in ImpactJS. This week he added a way to overlay the collision map on the scene to debug destructible terrain issues.
- We talked a little about how awesome the Chrome Dev Tools are.
- Finding good games to play with a 5-year is tough.
- Jared’s still playing Not a Hero and not ashamed to admit it.
- John’s got back into Day of Defeat a little!? Had to disable mouse acceleration.
Legal Beagle Stuff
Opening Song by RoccoW - "Create A Song in A Day Challenge #1". This song is shared under a Attribution Share A like 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0) license. We sampled a 20 second clip from the middle of his awesome track to open our podcast. RoccoW does not in any way endorse our podcast. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by the Hosts of FragCast are theres and theres alone.