Posted By Jared Barboza, 01, January, 2015, in fragcast
FragCast is a weekly podcast where the founders of Frag Castle Games talk about the latest progress on their games, the video game industry, pop culture and the ups and downs of running a super-small, lean startup.
In This Episode
Jared and John talk about
- sorry audio only people John has a spinning tree and we have to talk about it
- also, Jared left john as the primary video feed for the first part of the podcast
- heads up, theres a new version of aseprite the best pixel image editor ever
- we talk about how long it takes to make a indie game an excellent blog post by Tower of Guns developer Joseph Mirabello
- it’s been 7 months since we entered BFIG and 4 months since the expo and we haven’t received our reviewer feedback, we’re kind of upset and worried that the review teams feedback is lost
- one of Jared’s new years resolutions is to make one game a month, and possibly ship 3 of them to the app store
- We’ve been around for 2 1/2 years and we feel like we don’t have a lot to show for it, demos are not games
- John is thinking about working on a few different game types: Flappy Bird clone, a tower defence game
- Rock Kickass isn’t dead, but we’re re-assessing the core gameplay and making sure that we fail faster with it
- RK Runner development hell is done, we’re probably going to take it off of the app stores in a few months
- Shroom Jump is a game made by John for a conference, we really liked it and decided to release it for iOS. Get it today!
- Check out Jan Willem Nijman’s talk “The art of screenshake”
- You can checkout some very early prototypes that we discussed during this episode: Run Up Game, Comic-style Panes
- Jared has been playing Peggle Blast, Assassins Creed 3
- John has been playing Gears of War 3, Titanfall, Kingdom Rush
Legal Beagle Stuff
Opening Song by RoccoW - "Create A Song in A Day Challenge #1". This song is shared under a Attribution Share A like 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0) license. We sampled a 20 second clip from the middle of his awesome track to open our podcast. RoccoW does not in any way endorse our podcast. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by the Hosts of FragCast are theres and theres alone.