Posted By Jared Barboza, 30, October, 2014, in fragcast
FragCast is a weekly podcast where the founders of Frag Castle Games talk about the latest progress on their games, the video game industry, pop culture and the ups and downs of running a super-small, lean startup.
In This Episode
Jared and John talk about
- We were pretty sick when we recorded this episode. We’re sorry, but thankfully you cannot be infected only assaulted (audibly) by us
- John thinks that halloween is a great time of the year to commit crimes with masks
- We want the micromachines guy to handle all of our legalese, if you can hook us up find Jared on linked in and make the connection
- Jared has been playtesting Rock Kickass this week, specifically focusing on the parallax effect for our levels
- John pitches 2.5d right when Jared is dinking and almost causes him to choke
- We talk through some pros and cons related to making 2.5d and maybe make Rock Kickass 2.5d
- We are thinking that we’re assigning too much importance to features and code in Rock Kickass just because it’s been there, we need to look at the game with fresh eyes and focus on the original gameplay goals
- John has been working on RK Runner but is having a problem with how the UI buttons are being sized on different phone resolutions
- John details a bit how our build system for RK Runner works, it’s not perfect - as he explains - but it gets the job done
- We go all ADHD and talk about Surface Pro 3 and impulse buying
- John recently got Titan Fall (guess what he’s been playing lately)
- with a segue as subtle as a high-yield nuclear detonation we start discussing the new Retro Video Game magazin kickstarter
- Jared is really excited about Battle Chef Brigade and you should be too
- Xamarin is working on a version of Mono for the Unreal Engine. It’s super-beta right now, which is a fancy way of saying that you need very specific version of both Unreal and Mono to get it to work. Check out the blog post for more info.
- Friend of the show and former Frag Castle Employee #3 has raised $1000 for Extra-Life
- John shows off his call-of-duty-inspired halloween costume (sorry audio-only peeps) and Jared is convinced he’s going to get shot
- Jared has been playing Broforce
- John has been playing Titanfall
Legal Beagle Stuff
Opening Song by RoccoW - "Create A Song in A Day Challenge #1". This song is shared under a Attribution Share A like 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0) license. We sampled a 20 second clip from the middle of his awesome track to open our podcast. RoccoW does not in any way endorse our podcast. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by the Hosts of FragCast are theres and theres alone.